Sesshin from 24th to 26th of June
Come and practice with us for this three-day sesshin!
This sesshin is open to all, beginners and advanced alike, and is an opportunity to dive into the heart of Sôtô zen, experiencing a practice passed down through the centuries permeating all aspects of daily life.
Master Wang-Genh gives teachings on different themes. There will be opportunities to ask him questions in individual talks - dokusan - or in assembly - mondo. It is also possible to ask him questions by email which he will answer during the mondo.
The sesshin will take place June 24 to 26. Arrival on Thursday June 23 at 5pm. Introductory conference scheduled for around 7pm. Departure on Sunday June 26 after lunch.
We continue to ensure health safety at the temple.
(Teaching, accommodation and meals included)
- Full retreat: 141 € / 107 € (for students and job seekers)
- Bed sheet rental: 6 €
- To participate in the activities of the monastery, you must be a member of the Association of the Zen Temple of Weiterswiller. Annual fee: 15 €.
INFORMATION : The Community of Communes of Hanau La Petite Pierre has introduced a tourist tax on the territory to contribute to the development of tourism activities. This tourist tax is applicable from May 1st 2022 at a rate of 75 cents per person per night (to pay in addition to the sesshin).
To register please write an email to:
- For meditation (zazen): kimono OR comfortable, dark clothing for practice. If you have a zafu (black or brown meditation cushion), you can bring it.
- For meals: bowl + spoon + fork + a large dark napkin to wrap the bowl + a small white handkerchief-type napkin
- For the beds: single duvet cover + single fitted sheet + pillowcase - Sleeping bags not allowed.
- For everyday use: shoes and work clothes, sandals or flip-flops (to be removed easily), slippers for indoors
- Please bring biodegradable hygiene products.
- Possibility to borrow some items on site.
Some items are for sale at the temple store.
Note: mobile phones must be completely switched off throughout the monastery in order to maintain a quiet atmosphere. Possibility to make phone calls in the car parks.
If you need to arrive at Ingwiller station, please coordinate your arrival with the secretariat.
Subject to change
Friday / Saturday
|6h00 am||Wake up|
|6h30-8h15 am||Zazen - Zen meditation - then morning ceremony|
|8h15-9h00 am||Gen-mai - traditional silent meal - then coffee|
|9h50-10h30 am||Explanations about the practice|
|11h00-12h30 am||Zazen & Teisho - teaching by Master Wang-Genh|
|12h30-1h15 pm||Lunch in silence - coffee|
|5h30-6h45 pm||Zazen and mondo - question and answer with the Master|
|8h30-9h45 pm||Zazen - Zen meditation - then evening ceremony|
|6h00 am||Wake up|
|6h30-8h15 am||Zazen, morning ceremony|
|8h15-9h00 am||Gen-mai, coffee|
|11h00-12h30 am||Zazen & Teisho (teaching )|
|12h30-1h15 pm||Lunch - coffee|
To support your zazen practice - zen meditation - Master Wang-Genh has recorded a series of thematic videos. They are available in French, with English subtitles. You need to enable the subtitles. The views were taken at the Zen monastery Ryumonji (Alsace) where Master Wang-Genh most often resides.