Membership of ATZW
Membership to the Association Temple Zen Weiterswiller is necessary in order to participate in activities at the monastery. Annual membership fee : €15
- For meditation (zazen): kimono OR comfortable, dark clothing for practice. If you have a zafu (black or brown meditation cushion), you can bring it.
- For meals: bowl + spoon + fork + a large dark napkin to wrap the bowl + a small white handkerchief-type napkin
- For the beds: single duvet cover + single fitted sheet + pillowcase - Sleeping bags not allowed.
- For everyday use: shoes and work clothes, sandals or flip-flops (to be removed easily), slippers for indoors
- Possibility to borrow some items on site.
- Please bring biodegradable hygiene products.
Some items are for sale at the temple store.
Note: mobile phones must be completely switched off throughout the monastery in order to maintain a quiet atmosphere. Possibility to make phone calls in the car parks.
Zazen - seated meditation
Schedule at the Monastery
Monday 6:45pm - 7:45pm
Tuesday 6:30am - 8:00am & 6:45pm - 8:00pm
Wednesday 6:30am - 8:00am & 6:45pm - 8:00pm
Thursday 6:30am - 8:00am & 6:45pm - 8:00pm
Friday 6:30am - 8:00am & 6:45pm - 8:00pm
Saturday 7:00am - 8:30am & 6:45pm - 8:00pm
Sunday 7:00am - 8:30am
Sessions open to the public
- If you are already familiar with zazen practice, please feel free to join us.
- If you would like to learn how to practice zazen, please click here.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. Please call ahead to confirm meditation times; schedule is subject to change: 03 88 89 26 02.
These hours may change during retreats, please double check via mail or telephone before you attend. (03 88 89 26 02, Tuesday - Sunday morning).
HOW TO REACH US
Monastery Ryumon Ji
7, rue du château d'eau
67340 Weiterswiller - Alsace - FRANCE
03 88 89 26 02 (From Tuesday to Sunday, 9:30am-12pm).
If you plan to arrive at the station at Ingwiller, please confirm your arrival time with our office.
Transportation cost from Ingwiller to the Temple : €6
By Car (from Strasbourg)
When you arrive in Weiterswiller, follow the main road. After the restaurant "Les Trois Roses", take the first left onto the "Rue des Roses". Follow this road for 500 meters, the temple is the last house on the left.