Sesshin October 29 - November 1
Come and practice at the Temple for this three-day sesshin, or join us via zen online!
Each month Master Reigen Wang-Genh leads retreats of various lengths. The sesshins are open to all, beginners and advanced alike, and are an opportunity for everyone to dive into the heart of the zen Sôtô experiencing a practice passed down through the centuries permeating all aspects of daily life.
Master Wang-Genh gives teachings on different themes. There will be opportunities to ask him questions in individual talks - dokusan - or in assembly - mondo. It is also possible to ask him questions by email which he will answer during the mondo.
The sesshin will take place from 29th of October to 1st of November. Arrival on Thursday 29th of October at 5pm. Introductory conference scheduled for around 7pm. Departure on Sunday 1st of November after lunch.
All health security rules are in place at Ryumonji. They will be communicated to you upon arrival.
We ask for a personal commitment to respect them. This is to take care of our health as well as that of others. Please bring a negative PCR or antigenic test less than 48 hours old. Those with a complete vaccination can also bring a certificate of vaccination. Those with a complete vaccination can also bring a certificate of vaccination.
(Teaching, accommodation and meals included)
- Full retreat: 138 € / 105 € (for students and job seekers)
- Bed sheet rental: 6 €
- To participate in the activities of the monastery, you must be a member of the Association of the Zen Temple of Weiterswiller. Annual fee: 15 €.
or write an email to email@example.com.
- For meditation (zazen): kimono OR comfortable, dark clothing for practice. If you have a zafu (black or brown meditation cushion), you can bring it.
- For meals: bowl + spoon + fork + a large dark napkin to wrap the bowl + a small white handkerchief-type napkin
- For the beds: single duvet cover + single fitted sheet + pillowcase - Sleeping bags not allowed.
- For everyday use: shoes and work clothes, sandals or flip-flops (to be removed easily), slippers for indoors
- Possibility to borrow some items on site.
Note: mobile phones must be completely switched off throughout the monastery in order to maintain a quiet atmosphere. Possibility to make phone calls in the car parks.
If you need to arrive at Ingwiller station, please coordinate your arrival with the secretariat.
Subject to change
Friday / Saturday
|6h00 am||Wake up|
|6h30-8h15 am||Zazen - Zen meditation - then morning ceremony|
|8h15-9h00 am||Gen-mai - traditional silent meal - then coffee|
|9h50-10h30 am||Explanations about the practice|
|11h00-12h30 am||Zazen & Teisho - teaching by Master Wang-Genh|
|12h30-1h15 pm||Lunch in silence - coffee|
|5h30-6h45 pm||Zazen and mondo - question and answer with the Master|
|8h30-9h45 pm||Zazen - Zen meditation - then evening ceremony|
|6h00 am||Wake up|
|6h30-8h15 am||Zazen, morning ceremony|
|8h15-9h00 am||Gen-mai, coffee|
|11h00-12h30 am||Zazen & Teisho (teaching )|
|12h30-1h15 pm||Lunch - coffee|
CONTINUE YOUR PRACTICE WITH US